Get Rest and Feel your Best!
Have you been tossing and turning at night?
Getting enough sleep is essential for feeling great and performing well throughout the day. Many know they need sleep but it continues to elude them. Here are some tips for getting the rest you need.
- Do have a fixed bedtime! Going to bed at the same time each night will aid your body in adjusting and preparing for sleep.
- Do go to bed before 10 pm. Your body begins to secrete serotonin around 9:30 pm, this is the best time to go to sleep each night.
- Do cut out caffeine and stimulants from your diet after 12pm. Caffeine stays in your system for 12 hours after consumption.
- Do have a nightly downtime activity before bed. Read a book, write or meditate. Ease your body into sleep instead of staring at the ceiling worrying about getting more sleep.
- Do begin Chiropractic Care. If your neck or spine is out of alignment you will experience pain and discomfort while trying to sleep.
- Don’t have a T.V. in your bedroom. Falling asleep with sound or light in your room will keep you from getting enough sleep.
- Don’t exercise 2 hours before bed. This boosts your adrenaline so your body will not be able to rest.
- Don’t eat late and Don’t eat too much for dinner. A full stomach will keep your body from resting!
- Don’t take a nap in the afternoon. If you really feel you need a nap shorten it to 20-30 mins.
- Don’t miss your next Chiropractic care adjustment! Cranial bones that are not moving properly will affect sleep centers in the brain this will keep your body from entering into a deep sleep!
Try out a couple of these tips and see how they help! If you are still struggling to feel rested you may be due for an adjustment.